CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
The Alpine Fire Protection District is currently recruiting for an
Entry Level or Lateral Firefighter/Paramedic Position.
Recruitment closes on November 30th, 2018.
Completed applications can be mailed or hand delivered to the
Alpine Fire Protection District 1364 Tavern Rd. Alpine, CA 91901
Click on the links below for more information.
2018 Firefighter/Paramedic Recruitment Flyer (0.2 MiB)
2018 AFPD Employment Application (0.3 MiB)
The information below is subject to change and should only be used for reference purposes.
Firefighter/Paramedic Minimum Qualifications
- 18 years of age or older at time of application
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Current valid CPAT card
- Valid CPR card and ACLS card
- Valid California “C” class Drivers License
- U.S. Citizenship or in the process of obtaining citizenship
- In paramedic school (a paramedic license will be required prior to a job offer from the Alpine Fire Protection District)
Process to become a firefighter/paramedic
- Obtain an Alpine Fire Protection District application
- Physical Ability Test
- Oral Board Interview
- Successfully pass a Paramedic Skills Test
- Interview with the Fire Chief
- Offer of Employment
- Pass a background investigation
- Pass a medical exam including drug test
- Complete a probationary period of two years from date of hire
Desirable Education and Skills
- California Class C Firefighters Restricted Drivers License
- State of California Firefighter I
- Accredited Firefighter I Academy
- Associates Degree – AA/AS
- Bachelor Degree – BA/BS
- Fire Science Certificates
- Experience as a paramedic
Adobe Reader is needed to open brochure and application https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Joining The Fire Service In San Diego County (0.5 MiB)