Skip to main content

How do I apply for a burn permit? 

Burn permits are seasonal and issued by CalFire proclamation.

Please call the District at 619-445-2635 to inquire if burn permits are currently being issued. 

When burning is permited: 

  • Fill out a Burn Permit Application online
  • The Fire Marshal or the Engine will visit the site, verify the conditions and issue the permit on-site
  • The resident must then follow the directions on the permit